Saturday, October 2, 2010

Harriers!

Okay, a few more from the Bonhomme Richard. During a recent underway we had Harrier jets onboard, attempting to complete deck landing qualifications. If you're not familiar with Harriers, they are some of the coolest jets you'll ever see - they have the ability to take off and land vertically, like a helicopter. It's very very bizarre to watch in real life, because it breaks every law of aerodynamics you've ever become accustomed to. (To save fuel, they usually take off conventionally). I was lucky enough to get down on the flight deck and take some pics and vids for you. Here are some of them:As for the videos, they're not exactly high quality - it's all I could get with an iPhone. Pay attention to the first one - the sound and jetwash was so loud it killed the microphone (temporarily) on my phone. But it was totally worth it.


Okay, I'm working hard on getting back into my blogging. I've promised Venice for over a year now, and I'm making legitimate progress going through all my pictures. They're pretty much done, all I have to do is write it out. I promise it will be done VERY soon.

Thanks for reading.

Manny

No comments: