Saturday, November 21, 2009

San Diego and the Lobsterboy

Greetings all, I hope this finds you well.  A few quick pics in an attempt to catch up.  Alex is growing up so quickly.  He's doubled his birth weight in three and a half months already.  He's discovered his thumb, which often ends up in his mouth.  I'm working on video of his 'speech,' but don't have it ready yet for this - still trying to figure out the new video camera.




Here is our first, 'official' family picture.   We took the little one to a nearby pumpkin patch.  It was too cold for much time outside, so we snapped a quick photo and got back in the car.  Alex expressed his displeasure when he found out The Great Pumpkin would not be making an appearance.


Here is the other late entry from Halloween.  We dressed Alex up in a lobster costume and fit him in a big stock pot.  You can see the rest for yourself.  

It worked fairly well for a while; long enough to win first place at the party we attended.

Earlier this month, we made it to San Diego for an 'early' Thanksgiving with family.  Alex survived his first plane trip without a hitch.  He even got his first pair of wings.  I think I was more excited than he will ever be.  A few with family: 



And, of course, we had to make sure we got him in the same frame showing Navy over Notre Dame.  This is important stuff.


And lastly, my brother in law Will offered my dad and I a space on Alchemy, a 70-foot beast of a sailboat, during one of the more important local regattas.  I have NO sailing experience, so it was all I could do to stay out of the way and still get a few pics to share.  A few to share; hope you enjoy.  

Lastly, and completely unrelated, I'm still working on making some of this a travelog from our time in Europe.  In the past year, I've only gotten Naples and the Torino Olympics up, but I'm slowly working on Venice.  With any luck, you'll see it posted soon.  Happy Thanksgiving!


No comments: